|Your cart is currently empty|
PREORDER - Polyversal Base Game (No Minis Option)
Game Design: Ken Whitehurst
Game Development: Byron Collins
Artwork: Bruno Werneck, James Masino
IMPORTANT: THIS PRODUCT IS A PREORDER. IT WILL SHIP WHEN PRODUCTION IS COMPLETE. EST. 1ST QUARTER 2017
ALL PREORDER SUPPORTERS: Get the game alongside our Kickstarter Supporters - First! And, get your name in the rules as a supporter!
After a long-awaited successful Kickstarter campaign, Polyversal is now available for preorder in limited quantities. The game comes with or without miniatures. This product, CEW00009, is a preorder of the "no-minis option" which gives you everything you need to play except the miniatures and combatant tiles (which you can add and design). For a base game WITH 2 battlegroups of miniatures, please see CEW00010.
"Polyversal is a tabletop miniatures game that puts you in command of an army set in a plausible-future Earth."
Polyversal is a universal tabletop miniatures game for two or more players designed by veteran gamer Ken Whitehurst and developed and published by Collins Epic Wargames (known for their award-winning Spearpoint 1943 line of card wargames). The system is intended for use with 6mm scale miniatures, but may be used with larger 10mm or 15mm miniatures if desired. The game uses color-coded polyhedral dice and Combatant Tiles to reflect the combat qualities of your units, their weaponry, attack ability, evasion, effectiveness, and more.
- A single roll of three color-coded polyhedral dice is used to resolve each attack without the need for re-rolls to determine hits, saves, or damage effects. This makes combat resolution fast and intuitive.
- Hexagonal Combatant Tiles that you may create and customize to represent miniatures from any line physically arrange together to provide a visual command structure for each "battlegroup" you form around a central command unit. With all of the vital information you need on each Combatant Tile, your eyes remain focused on the battlespace, not the rulebook.
- A sleek initiative-based orders and activation system keeps players continually involved. You don't stare and wait as your opponent has fun- Initiative "face-offs" between Battlegroup Commanders determine the next minis that activate.
"Polyversal is a revolutionary gaming system for sci-fi tabletop wargaming and has been in development for nearly a decade."
- New to miniatures gaming? Boxed games include everything you need to get started- with or without miniatures from several reputable manufacturers. Perfect for those new to tabletop wargaming. Note: See produce CEW00010 for base sets with miniatures.
- Are you a veteran gamer with armies amassed over years of campaigning? Our easy to use Combatant Design Rules allow you to develop your own Combatant Tiles for any miniature in your existing or future collection, from any line.
- Do you love great sci-fi artwork? We hired concept artist Bruno Werneck (Tron: Legacy, Thor, Star Trek, Titanfall) and artist James Masino (The War Co. Card Game) to bring Polyversal to life.
- Fantastic Rules Support from Collins Epic Wargames
- Expanded by Polyversal UN Peacekeepers Expansion (UN B, CEW00011), Polyversal OPFOR Texas Militia Expansion (OPFOR B, CEW00012), Polyversal Mercenary Balkenkreuz GmbH Expansion (Mercs, CEW00013)
- Recommended Accessories: 15 Extra Polyversal Dice (CEW00014), 25 Die-Cut Blank Tiles with Thermal Die Cut Hex Paper (CEW00015)
Components (all very high quality, Full Color)
- Hardback Rulebook (8.5x11, full color, 150+ pages)
- 18 Scenarios
- 2 sets of Orders Tokens
- Set of Tracking Counters
- 15 Polyhedral Dice (3x each: D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, color-coded for Polyversal)
- Quick Reference Cards
- Design Tool for creation of Combatant Tiles
- Heavy Duty Telescoping Box
- Check out the completed Kickstarter Campaign for more information on Polyversal.
- Check out the Polyversal website or additional information including gameplay videos.
What Players Say
"The game is quick, it’s tactical and has a great command and control mechanism, so it’s perfect for playing large sci-fi games." - Mike Hobbs Review
"Polyversal has a lot going for it; an engrossing story line and framework for gamers to help build upon and expand, astounding art from Bruno Werneck, a self-contained box set with elegant, streamlined rules that you can put right on the table, and an open system from which you can adopt your own models to, in any timeline you wish." - Review by Maurice Fitzgerald on Club Fantasci