Frontline General: Italian Campaign Introduction
Game Design: Byron Collins
Italian Campaign Introduction introduces players to the Frontline General 'Land, Air, & Sea Tabletop Simulation', an Operational and Tactical Scale WWII Strategy System. The system covers Land, Air, and Sea wargaming mostly at the Operational level, but also allows detailed Combat Resolution at the Tactical Level using 3rd Party Miniatures (15mm Recommended) or the included Unit Markers. In this way, the Campaign may be used to 'drive' more detailed tabletop miniatures battles. Miniatures battles expand on the game's normal Operational Scale combat by providing more terrain detail, 3D movement for Aircraft, Unit Facing, more detailed movement, line of sight, Morale rules, and more.
Team Play Command rules allow up to 5 players per side to play against each other as teams that subdivide turn and command responsibilities between one 'Frontline General' and up to four subordinate 'Commanders'.
Units such as Tanks, Vehicles, Emplacements, Aircraft, and Guns require crews. In this way, the 'men behind the machines' may gain experience and improve as the game progresses. They may also be destroyed or captured apart from the Units they crew. This allows interesting situations to occur such as capture of an enemy gun, crewing that Gun using your own crew, and then turning that Gun against the enemy.
A basic Economic System charges players with choosing to procure an effective balance of Units for the objectives at hand. Players must also manage a very basic Supply system at the operational level to ensure Units remain fueled, fed, and supplied with adequate ammunition.
Frontline General: Italian Campaign Introduction is available in two forms - a Free print & play version to let you try out the game and preview the components - and a high quality production version.
- Campaign System for Miniatures - Drive Miniatures Battles with the boardgame.
- Incorporates use of Optional 3rd Party Miniatures (15mm recommended)
- Provides Operational level and Tactical Level Rules
- Expand the game further with a vinyl 22"x17" map or the full 60"x50" Italy map (Digital Download PDF)
- Historicon Silver Star Award Winner - 2009
- The Combat System of ICI is the inspiration for our bestselling Card Wargame, Frontline General: Spearpoint 1943.
Components (all very high quality, Full Color)
- Comprehensive Rules on CD (searchable PDF & online)
- Scenario: Foggia Airfields on CD (searchable PDF & online)
- 8-1/2"x11" Full Color Map (a portion of Southern Italy) with an 11x17 vinyl map available as an accessory
- 403 full-color two-sided German and US Unit Cards
- 415 5/8" Hexagonal Counters, plastic-backed, die cut
- 40 full-color two-sided Command Cards
- 52 full-color two-sided Event Cards
- 88 Notes of Game Currency
- 12 Dice
- Experience, Unit ID, and other Counters
- 500 Ultra-Pro Card Sleeves
- Full color Heavy Duty Box
- Fantastic Rules Support from Collins Epic Wargames
- Map upgraded by our printed Frontline General: Italian Campaign Introduction Deluxe Vinyl Map (22x17)
- Full 60"x50" Southern Italy Map also available as a Print and Play Download (PDF) through Wargame Vault (direct link).
What Players Say
“I have barely touched on the possibilities of this game. I foresee great possibilities for this system and am looking forward to further expansions... This is a different type of game and game system is very intriguing and engaging. I think it will gather a nice dedicated following of those who are interested in the Italian Campaign. I can see customers adding scenarios to this gaming system, expanding and extending its vision and capabilities. Frontline General – The Italian Campaign is a unique game system that will provide gamers with hours/weeks/months of “Happy Gaming”! - Richard Mataka www.mataka.org
”Received my game today. I must say, AMAZING! The quality is unbelievable. The amount of stuff in the box is unbelievable. My lack of additional adjectives is unbelievable. But truly top notch production. Having given the rules a quick read through, the rules look detailed, but not overwhelming. I for one look forward to playing out the tactical battles with miniatures.” - Todd Mewborn
”As an old wargamer (53 years old) who has a vast collection of wargames, you bring a fresh wind in our hobby. Also as a Canadian (French from Quebec) who follows everything on wargames, your hybrid concept which integrates the operational and tactical dimensions of warfare merit the attention of our community.” -Pierre Ruel
|Your cart is currently empty|